2020 Winter Basketball
Registration Will Open Soon
Due to the Rising Number of COVID-19 Cases in the state we have decided to wait until Anne Arundel County Recreation and Parks issues gym permits to our organization prior to opening general basketball registration.
We just don't know what is going to happen at this time.
We could have permits issued and have an abbreviated registration period or permits may never be issued do to potential COVID-19 restrictions which would result in the cancellation of our season.
We will do our best to update this space with any new information as it is made available to us.
This message was updated on 9/22/2020 to reflect the latest information we have, the last contact from AACO was on 8/31/2020.
On 08/31/2020 we received word from AACO that all fall activities would resume with significant restrictions. While this is great news releasing this information on August 31st was entirely too late for us to try and put together a season with our limited resources. While we thank the county for providing guidance, unfortunately this guidance came too late for us to salvage the fall season.
Our winter sports are all considered high risk. High risk sports can not proceed until phase 3 of the states re-opening. The state has entered this phase however the county will remain in phase 2. Even once the county moves forward we have been told the changes will not occur overnight. It will take time to issue permits once we being the transition.
At this time we have decided to delay the winter season. If the county decides to issue permits the best guess we have is there will be a condensed season starting on February 1, 2021 and continuing into the month of April, although this is still largely speculative.
The second they give us more information we will update this space and we will open registration is we are able.
Thank you for your continued patience.